Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Sign started to get vague (part 5)

I started my first teaching job full of energy and excitement. Since the job wasn’t a piece of cake as many would have probably thought, I wielded multiple efforts ( I taught 3 subjects in a day with over 40 students in a class). I studied my lessons, prepared plans and teaching materials;burning midnight oil became my routine. (the job was 360 degrees turn from my previous where I didn’t have to take home my work) yet teaching is also an exciting job, everyday is a challenge. However, came the time when I felt worn out already physically and mentally. My migraine attack occurred 3 times in a week and ‘twas severe, it lasted for 3 hours or so and I was also diagnosed with GERD (an acid reflux disease). I was advised by our principal to take a leave of absence for a week and my co-teachers told me not to bent out of shape “ You’ll be fine.” Their words of encouragement triggered me to continue the challenge. I still experienced migraine attacks as well as acid reflux but thanks to the medicines the pains were not much as before.
Dilemma happened at the end of the school year when we were asked to sign the contract for the next school year. My love for teaching has already progressed and yet my physical condition wasn’t still better. I was all ears to various advices my family and friends gave me. The big question was “could I still muddle through the pressures of the job?” I wanted to give it another try not only for the reason that 1 year experience isn’t enough but because I still love to be a part of the school. However, I was also scared that my illness will get worst. Consequently, I quit the job and asking God "why is this happening?" I felt down in the dumps.

No comments: