Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Prayers ( part 6)



I quit my job and went on with my medication. Still, I didn’t receive any answer from God why he gave me an infirmity that is hindering my dream. Why he seized away the work that I already started to love. There were lots of unrequited questions and I was already dead beat to look and wait for an answer.

But life has to go on. I didn’t allow myself to be put in a cage of confusion all the way. Luckily, I found a lighter side of my job; an ESL tutorial. Albeit, I earned less than my full time teaching job at least it wasn't that stressful for me. And the next thing I knew, I was already earning parallel to my full time salary before. I taught as an ESL after-school teacher in CIS while I also had my home tutorial. True, I doubled or tripled my efforts but this time I was amazed that I was doing fine physically. (perhaps because it was a one-on-one class). Then suddenly, I realized that I haven’t been praying or praising to Him lately and I felt guilty.

So I prayed to him “ God thank you for these blessings. I don’t know if this is already your answer of my questions to give up my dream to work abroad (because I believed that tutorial experience is not a strong qualification for teaching abroad) but God you know very well, that my wish to work abroad is not just for myself but also for my family especially to my nieces who need financial support for their education. But with conviction, you know what is best for me so I humbly ask you to please steer me to the right direction of your will. Amen.”

(This became my prayer when I went to Sto. Nino church every Friday and walked with my knees from its entrance towards the altar.)

No comments: